wildscenes.com » Blog

Masthead header

Website problems: I’ve been hacked!

Regular viewers will be noticing all kinds of glitches on the site at the moment. This is because my site was hacked and used as a relay to send 1000s of spam emails and, upon noticing, my host providers took down Wildscenes.com. They helped me out by restoring the conent and recrating the basic WordPress website from a fresh install, but now I have the task of customizing the theme back to how it was. I have made some efforts but I still have a long way to go and my work as a commercial photographer is taling priority at the moment. I may take this opportunity to redesign Wildscnes completely; this is something I’ve been intending to do for a while. I want to show much bigger images on the site.

If you are running your own WordPress website, be aware that the hackers usually get into a site by hacking code of WordPress plugins rather than WordPress itself. I used several plugins on Wildscenes, mostly to provide the frontpage slideshow and formatting text int tables, but I will minimise the use of the plugins from now on.

In the meantime, here’s a bridled guillemot image which I found when revisiting a folder containing Farne Island images from 2 years ago. No idea how I missed it fisrt time around!

bridled guillemot Farne Islands

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

*

*